Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Oh, there you are!"



Usually I do not buy PEOPLE magazine, but in the May issue is an interview with Sandra Bullock about her adoption and pictures of her with her baby, Louis. Of course I can't resist adoption stories, so I bought a copy. :) In the article the interviewer asked Sandra what she said when she saw her little boy for the first time. I love her answer! She says, "All I said when I met him was, 'Oh, there you are.' It was like he had always been a part of our lives." So true! I know all you moms out there who have adopted before know exactly what she means!

On this Mother's Day, I feel so blessed to be "mommy" to all my children, adopted and biological. Although there may be a difference in the minds of others, there is no difference whatsoever in my heart! Happy Mother's Day 2010!

3 comments:

theheartofachild said...

I sat down in a waiting room lobby even after the appt. to finish reading this article! I loved her response as well!!! Touching story!
Jenny

Peter and Nancy said...

I saw that on the store rack -- I admire her a lot. She gave $1 million to Katrina relief with almost no publicity about it. I didn't find that out until almost 2 years after the hurricane. What a great interview!
Nancy

Laura said...

So true! I also purchased that magazine at the airport on my way to pick up our son! I cried and looked like a goof in Atlanta:)